KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Dreaming of a white Christmas?
You’ll have better luck finding the classic holiday movie “White Christmas” on cable.
The latest WATE 6 Storm Team forecast shows sunny skies with a few clouds on a very mild Christmas Day. The high should hit at least 62.
RELATED: Latest WATE 6 Storm Team forecast
That’s more than 10 degrees above normal.
Historically, a Knoxville snowfall on Christmas Day is unlikely. It’s more likely in the higher elevations of the East Tennessee mountains, but still doesn’t happen a lot.
The most snow on Christmas Day in Knoxville was in 1969 when seven inches fell.
Enjoy the mild weather. The early indications are things get decidedly winter-like in January.
- 2 innocent bystanders shot when suspect opens fire inside Opelousas restaurant
- Investigation launched after body found in a wooded area of South Knox County, per KCSO
- 6 killed, including 3 children, in I-95 crash in Liberty County
- AMBER Alert update: TBI chase down 300 leads; sheriff’s office warns against social media misinformation; Evelyn Boswell still missing
- Henrico toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting: ‘It’s a miracle’