KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Dreaming of a white Christmas?
You’ll have better luck finding the classic holiday movie “White Christmas” on cable.
The latest WATE 6 Storm Team forecast shows sunny skies with a few clouds on a very mild Christmas Day. The high should hit at least 62.
RELATED: Latest WATE 6 Storm Team forecast
That’s more than 10 degrees above normal.
Historically, a Knoxville snowfall on Christmas Day is unlikely. It’s more likely in the higher elevations of the East Tennessee mountains, but still doesn’t happen a lot.
The most snow on Christmas Day in Knoxville was in 1969 when seven inches fell.
Enjoy the mild weather. The early indications are things get decidedly winter-like in January.
- Tennessee gov: COVID vaccines to be optional in K-12 schools
- TBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Hawkins County
- Overnight shooting in Powell leaves one dead
- Oak Ridge divided: Half of city under mask mandate, other half not
- Next step toward building new animal shelter in Monroe County tabled