Mostly Cloudy with morning rain and very cool temperatures all day.
- Wednesday: A few morning showers with some light drizzle possible through Midday (30%). With some late day clearing. Cool. High: 59°
- Wednesday Night: Decreasing clouds and much cooler temperatures. Low: 42°
Clouds will remain stubborn and clear out late in the day. This will have an impact on our high temps and temperatures will be about 10-20 degrees below normal for the date. Struggling to reach the 60° mark for many.
By Wednesday night, clouds begin to clear out which will allow for temperatures to cool down into the lower to middle 40s making it the coolest night of the week.
Clouds quickly return and increase throughout the day on Thursday with just a few showers possible later in the day but most of the daytime hours should remain dry. Highs Thursday rebound back into the middle 60s and it will be the start of a warming trend that will continue into the weekend.
We’ll see the showers turn spotty Thursday overnight into Friday but most of the rain should taper off by early Friday leaving us with a mix of sunshine and clouds to close off the workweek.
As of now the weekend isn’t looking bad! We’ll see a mainly sunny start to Saturday with some more clouds building in during the afternoon hours but it will still be great for outdoor plans. Highs Saturday top pout in the lower to middle 70s.Sunday we’ll see more clouds than sunshine with temperatures also in the middle 70s. A stray afternoon shower or thunderstorm is possible during the afternoon but mainly along the Smokies.
The weather does look to turn a bit more unsettled on Monday and Tuesday with spotty to scattered showers and thunderstorms returning to the forecast but high temperatures look to remain seasonable in the middle to upper 70s.
This a great time to make sure to download our FREE weather app by searching “Knoxville Weather” in Apple iTunes or the Google Play store. That way you can get alerts while sleeping (make sure your phone/tablet isn’t on silent though) if any are issued. Plus, we stream our newscasts and severe weather coverage through this app as well, so we can be seen if your power does goes out.
Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Eta Aquariid Meteor Shower Peaks This Week
- Pigeon Forge crews busy with swift water rescues Tuesday
- Wilson Central athletic facilities take hit from storm
- PHOTOS: East Tennessee deals with heavy rains, wind Tuesday morning
- Woman killed by falling tree as powerful storms move through Tennessee