KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) -
Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
(AWARE) Tonight: Wintry mix of rain/sleet/snow (60%). Low: 32°
Wintry mix continues. Widespread travel issues are NOT anticipated, but a few patches of black ice can't be ruled out overnight into Monday.
(AWARE) Tomorrow: Lingering, light wintry mix for some early (40%). High: 40°
Light rain/snow mix early in the morning. We could see trace amounts accumulate on grassy surfaces here in Knoxville. We'll start to dry out late morning and by the afternoon we'll see some sunshine.
(AWARE) Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High: 43°
It will be a cold start with temperatures in the mid 20s for the "warmest" spots. Areas that have measurable snowfall from the weekend will start out in the teens and potentially single digits for the highest elevations. The good news it that it will be mostly sunny with highs in the mid 40s.
Temperatures overnight lows fall closer to freezing. This means that any roads that are snow/ice covered and don't get treated could be slick overnight. Some lingering moisture early Monday will bring another opportunity for rain and snow across East TN. We could see accumulating snow, for some. The Valley could also see trace amount to around half an inch, especially on grassy surfaces.
Use caution during the morning commute if you have travel plans, especially for areas north of the I-40 corridor and to the east. We will dry out Monday, with some sunshine during the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s-lower 40s across the area.
Here are the latest snowfall estimates as of 4pm 12/8/18 for each County and this would include anything falling from Sunday into Monday:
- Anderson County: Trace to 1"
- Blount County: None to Trace
- Blount County (Mountains): 3"-6"
- Campbell County: 1"-3"
- Claiborne County: 2" (south) to 4" (north)
- Cocke County: 3"-5"
- Cocke County (Mountains) 4"-8"+
- Cumberland County: up to 1"
- Fentress County: 1"-2"
- Grainger County: 1"-3"
- Greene County: 3"-5"
- Greene County (Mountains) 4"-8"+
- Hamblen: 2"-4"
- Hancock County: 2"-4"
- Hawkins County: 3"-5"
- Jefferson: Trace to 2" (north)
- Knox County: Trace up to 1"
- Loudon County: Trace up to 1"
- Monroe County: None to Trace
- Morgan County: up to 1"
- McMinn: None to Trace
- Roane County: Trace up to 1"
- Sevier County: Trace to 2"
- Sevier County (Mountains): 4"-8+"
- Scott County: 2"-4"
- Union County: Trace to 3" (north)
- Bell County: 2"-4"
- Harlan County: 3"-5"
- Knox County: 2"-4"
- McCreary County: 1"-3"
- Whitley County: 1"-3"
- Lee County: 3"-5"
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake reported in Seymour
- Snow falls across East Tennessee; crews working to clear roads
- Sevierville Mayor Bryan Atchley dies
- Hamblen County officer thankful for his life following pursuit, shooting
- TBI: Suspect identified in hours-long standoff with Blount County deputies
- Rural Metro crews fight chimney fire at home in West Knoxville
- 2.7 magnitude earthquake reported in Roane County
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Winter storm causes icy roads across swath of South
- Former Agriculture Secretary Bob Bergland dies at 90
- Swath of South faces wintry mess: Snow, sleet, freezing rain
- The Latest: Trump considering 4 to be next chief of staff
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff
- Teachers union: Tentative deal to end charter schools strike
- Evers not optimistic Wisconsin Gov. Walker will veto bills