KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Based on all the patterns and trends globally and locally, here is a look at our projected snowfall totals this season!
RELATED: Get the WATE Weather app
The WATE 6 Storm Team forecasts 5-10 inches of snow this winter for Plateau and southeast Kentucky.
The Smoky Mountains will likely see 10 to 20 inches — or more.
The valley areas that include Knoxville should see 4-8 inches of snow this winter.
And while everyone gets excited about snow, freezing rain and sleet are more dangerous. We’ll keep you up-to-date all winter with any weather threats.
(The story is part of a WATE 6 Storm Team in-depth look at this coming winter with forecasts, cold weather tips and the science behind storms in a package of reports.)
WINTER FORECAST STORIES:
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Types of Winter Precipitation
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Driving Tips
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Main winter weather systems In East Tennessee
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: El Nino Southern Oscillation
- Man who rode through San Francisco Bay Area in back of driverless Tesla arrested
- Pandemic pet boom has veterinarians backlogged, burned out
- Oklahoma woman loses feet to COVID-19, husband never leaves her side
- Woman accused of shooting a mother, kidnapping her twin newborns in Savannah
- Knox Pride seeking entertainment for virtual festival