KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Based on all the patterns and trends globally and locally, here is a look at our projected snowfall totals this season!
RELATED: Get the WATE Weather app
The WATE 6 Storm Team forecasts 5-10 inches of snow this winter for Plateau and southeast Kentucky.
The Smoky Mountains will likely see 10 to 20 inches — or more.
The valley areas that include Knoxville should see 4-8 inches of snow this winter.
And while everyone gets excited about snow, freezing rain and sleet are more dangerous. We’ll keep you up-to-date all winter with any weather threats.
(The story is part of a WATE 6 Storm Team in-depth look at this coming winter with forecasts, cold weather tips and the science behind storms in a package of reports.)
WINTER FORECAST STORIES:
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Types of Winter Precipitation
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Driving Tips
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: Main winter weather systems In East Tennessee
- 6 Storm Team Winter Weather Outlook: El Nino Southern Oscillation
- One man dead after crash on I-40 East near Rutledge Pike
- 10-foot python found under hood of Mustang in South Florida
- On Your Side: Breaking down the ‘You’re In Trouble’ scam
- Daylight saving time debate lingers in Congress
- Gov. Lee, Sen. Alexander celebrate park funding from Great American Outdoors Act